Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ya'all Come Back Now!

So we are officially in Texas now! (Actually....for those of you who know us well....we have been in Texas since July 17th). I must say that Texas has been an amazing experience so far. I have had employees in burger joints take pictures of my baby. I have driven in downtown Houston and within a 3-block radius drove by what appeared to be a crack house and then "luxury" condominiums. On their behalf, the condos looked nice but seriously...would you want to live down the street from a drug dealer? I have also learned what TRUE humidity is. My friends....it is MUCH different than dry heat. Often, at least three times a day, I get the distinct impression that it wouldn't be a bad idea if I showered...AGAIN. As for Brandon....who's Brandon? I hardly see the guy anymore! He has a pretty intense schedule with law school! He is up and out to school by 6:45 AM. I usually see him that night around 8 PM. But don't get too excited! Once he comes home, it's back to the books until bedtime. So basically...I have decided that it is a VERY good thing that I am not a super needy person. I am what I like to refer to as "self-entertaining". If you don't believe me...ask my mom. Apparently, when I was a wee little lad, I would sit at the table writing my name over and over again for about three hours at a time. Yep...now that I am a mother...I know what all of you mothers are thinking...WOW!!! WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE TO HAVE THREE STRAIGHT HOURS OF PEACE!!!! Well...it is the price we pay for those cute little faces and fun memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Just doing a little blog surfing and stumbled on yours. If it's okay, I'd love to follow along! But mostly I wanted to say that I totally get why strangers want to take pictures of Kennedy. She is gorgeous, adorable, all the superlatives you can think of. What a beauty! Love the pigtail pic! We miss seeing you guys at church, but best of luck on this new adventure!
Lindsay Call