Monday, September 6, 2010

COOKING 101


I recently (about three weeks ago) discovered the art of cooking. I figure that if I am now responsible for making nutritious and delicious meals for my family, I better know how to cook! 

Kennedy and I immediately took a trip to the local library and found this little gem! I must say....this book "spoke" to me. It was as if someone out there knew that I had NO IDEA what I was doing in the kitchen.

On my behalf, however, I will say that I DO know how to boil water. It's just all of that other stuff that I need help with. One thing I am particularly intrigued by is how those chefs on Food Network cut vegetables so fast. Believe it or not, there is even a chapter about how to hold your knife in this book!!!!!! I tell you, this book was written for me! 

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Isn't this book the one by Tyler florence? I couldn't quite tell by the book cover, but if it is GOOD CHOICE! He's a favorite. If not, yay for learning to improve cooking skills!-it's one of my favorite passtimes! By the bye, I LOVE Kennedy's little cute pony tails. :)