Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Kennedy!!!



Our little munchkin turned one! I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. As you can see from the picture, she is wearing a princess crown and holding a princess cup. 

I made her birthday cake, which you can also see in the background. It is carrot cake with a cream cheese frosting and large sprinkles on top. It was absolutely delicious! Not to mention...I LOVED that I got to use my glass cake stand. 

As a bonus, all of the toys you see in the background were actually purchased at a yard sale that morning for a third of what I would have paid at a regular store. In Texas, large communities hold an annual yard sale (where everyone can have a yard sale in their front yard on the same day). The community website even posts online what each house will be selling (if they choose to participate). I happened to spot a listing for all of these toys and knew that was the sale I wanted to target. So I dragged Brandon and Kennedy out of bed and by 7:30 we were off! 

It was so exciting to get Kennedy some pretty cool toys for really cheap! Who doesn't love a bargain! Later that day we Skyped with Brandon's family, as well as mine. It was a very memorable day.

4 comments:

Sharlee said...

So fun! I love the crown! This makes me excited for Afton to have a birthday... I can't believe Kennedy is already 1! Remember when I got to go to your baby shower? It wasn't THAT long ago!

Rasmussen Family said...

seriously I think Texas is the best and yard sales. My aunt has lived in Dallas for the past decade or so and always SCORES the best things!!! take advantage of it!!

Elder Romney said...

So awesome! My mother-in-law is from Texas (now living in Vegas) and she still garage sale shops ALL THE TIME. Every Friday and Saturday morning she is out and she has really developed a talent of it! Seems you have too! What great toys and happy birthday to Kennedy! Crazy that we have 1-year-olds?!? YES! So glad we made it this far :O) It's been wonderful, hasn't it?!

Alan & Debbie said...

Amy you are officially in the club now! I am proud to call you my sister. =) I love... it when I find a awesome deal.
By the way, I am supposed to go to the hospital sometime today. Wish me luck! Love ya!