Monday, July 14, 2014

I Want to Quit, But I Won't

This morning I felt excited about this new health journey that I am on. I felt empowered and energetic. I felt unstoppable and admittedly even a little overconfident in my "amazing" willpower. And then life happened. I found out that I had to make two important phone calls, one to my insurance company (yet again) and another to Costco who shorted me $100.00 in a refund. Both calls were stressful. Both calls had me waiting on the phone for a period of time. And both of my children have a radar. It's called the "I-can-tell-that-you-are-the-phone-about-something-important-so-I-am-going-to-fight-with-my-sister-and-yell-and-scream" radar.

It was after resorting to locking myself in my room so that I could hear the person on the other end of the phone, that my patience began to wear paper thin. I really felt my emotions exploding inside of me. This is a somewhat new experience for me. You see...normally as the stress keeps mounting, I typically head for the kitchen and immediately start eating whatever I can find in the pantry or fridge (i.e. chocolate, popcorn, chips, pretzels, or even some ice cream). Today, however, I have carrot sticks, celery sticks, an apple, or some strawberries. And while I do like vegetables and fruit, it just doesn't have quite the same appeal to calm my nerves.

So what do you do when you are hit with an emotional eating situation, but you have no junk food to binge on? Well...you have deal with your emotions. Seems simple right? But for some reason, a lot of people eat instead of confronting their feelings. I am one of them, but I am trying to change. Change is so hard, but it's harder to be in this heavy, unhealthy body everyday. So for now...despite the stress...I am going to choose to just breath slowly and deeply. I'm going to let myself FEEL the frustration and irritation that I am currently experiencing and then I am going to let it go and move on.


5 comments:

Sharlee said...

AMY! I wish you were here so we could go walking together again... I have no walking buddies and it makes me sad. I miss the Indian Hills! I find myself stuck on sugar- like I need some after every meal or I don't feel satisfied and MAN is it hard to get out of that habit... but I'm sure you can do it:)Good luck!

Alan & Debbie said...

Hey Amy, I am just checking up on you to see how your week has gone. I am proud of you and your effort. Keep up the good work!

Alan & Debbie said...

Alright Amy, I know that you are there so lets get the report already. I need to know how you are doing. =)

Audrey {Crisp} said...

Hi! You are doing great! I have no motivation and have been trying to eat healthier forever and instead I just eat worse! Good luck on your journey! you can do it!!!

Halo BW said...

I am proud of you and your effort. Keep up the good work!

http://www.newjordanscheapshoesonlinesale.com/trik-sukses-mengajukan-pinjaman-online-terbaik-proses-mudah-dan-terpercaya.html