Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 1 Summary

Man is it hard to change! Yesterday, purely out of habit, I found myself standing in the pantry looking at all of the food on the shelves. Granted, I haven't bought any junk food for the past couple of days so there weren't any quick snacks. 

Yesterday was good and hard. In the later afternoon hours, that is when I struggle the most with over eating. I realize that this journey will have to be one that involves physical changes, emotional changes, and even spiritual changes. 

In some ways, I feel addicted to food. I don't know if you can relate to that, but if you can you'll know how hopeless it can feel at times. 

Someone who is addicted to say alcohol or cigarettes can simply choose to not bring those items into their home. I'm not saying that the withdrawal process would be easy, but at least you don't need those items to survive or to live. But food is an entirely different story. How can you go a day or a week without food?

About 1 1/2 years ago, I lost 70 pounds in about a years' time. I then became pregnant with our second child and regained all of it back.

The hardest part to losing AND keeping the  weight off is tackling the emotional reasons behind eating. I can count calories. I can exercise. But how do I tackle the demons in my mind?