Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Three New Health Rules

Since I am constantly getting sick and my average cold sets me back at least two weeks AND my symptoms seem to be worse than the average person's...I have decided to incorporate some new rules into my everyday living. 

1. Drink a gallon of water every day 
2. Drink two green drinks daily (otherwise I don't get enough vegetables in my diet)
3. No white sugar or white flour

Yep...that's it. I've been doing it for almost two weeks now. Please don't misunderstand one thing...I will still be eating "sweets." They will, however, be sweetened with stevia, xylitol, fruit juice concentrates, honey or agave, sucanat, etc.. 

I'm just SO tired of getting sick any time a cold goes around. Granted, my immunity is shot (which is partly why I get the cold) BUT ANYTIME I eat sugar I almost immediately get a sore throat. Apparently, according to various articles I have read, sugar lowers your immunity. Go figure! 

I'll keep ya'all posted on how my desserts turn out from this point forward. 

3 comments:

Kjell Crowe said...

right on girl. I've been doing the no sugar/no flour thing for over a month now. It feels so good! It's challenging, but i love it. I've lost 7 lbs. Not that I'm trying to lose, but I think with eating less of those things it makes a huge difference.
I'm so glad you're blogging! I love keeping up on the Frenzas.

miss you guys.

We are... said...

Have you been reading green smoothie girl?

Ames said...

I have never heard of green smoothie girl, but I just looked up her website and it looks REALLY interesting! Thanks Meg!

Kjell, I'm amazed you lost 7 lbs! You are one of those people who I would think doesn't have any weight to lose. That's awesome that just one adjustment in your diet could make such a huge difference!!!

By the way...we miss ya'all too! ;)